Maplewood High School will provide an exemplary college and career ready learning environment that will prepare today's students for tomorrow's opportunities.
- The vision for Maplewood High School was inspired by the desire to rise above the past reputation and perceptions that negatively impacted the school. Ultimately, we desire to rebrand Maplewood High School into a center of excellence that will gain local, regional and national recognition for high quality teaching strategies and innovative practices that propel students to be successful at the high school level and beyond.
The mission of Maplewood High School heavily rests upon the ability of teachers to motivate students to maximize their full potential. An emphasis on career readiness and skills development will ensure that all students are duly prepared to meet the rigorous demands of the twenty-first century after High School.
At Maplewood High School… We believe:
- All children can learn and need motivation to reach their full potential
- Rigorous instructional practices should be evident in every classroom
- High expectations for student success should be evident school-wide
- Maplewood High School will become an oasis of hope that strives to meet the needs of the community and the needs of the constituents that it serves
- Utilizing research-based practices and data to drive instructional decisions will promote a high performing learning culture that includes all students.
- A respect and appreciation for cultural diversity should be embraced by all students, staff members and parents
- An emphasis on “College & Career” readiness will prepare students for post-secondary success